Anup

Computers show up as unknown cant add them manually after deleting from SCCM 2007 console

Hello-

We have a site with 270 machines and we use SCCM 2007 without a problem. SCCM client is deployed within our syspreped image. Sometimes after imaging a machine, the computers show up as "unknown" they have the right mac address and guid etc, but no site code. We can not remote to these machines etc either. When you look at the machine itself, you can see in control panel that the client is installed however, there is no site code. I have tried "deleting" the unknown computer and importing it again using the MAC and GUID but it does not get the side code either. How can I manually install the client on the computer and have it be managed from the SCCM console.

SCCMUnknownComputers.thumb.JPG.4a63b662463b2c6e79ad33f39bdd7954.JPG

Thanks Garth, we do have boundries set right, covering all our IP range.

Can you please help me, as in how can I add a client back in SCCM console ? The control panel on the Windows 7 machine does show the client installed but has no site code.

Ok.. will do.. also changed the connection type to slow from fast just in case that makes a difference

Any help on how do I re-install or fix the client on that existing machine that is not reporting in SCCM console ?