PaulWhite@pickens.k12

SCCM Stopped imaging today 1702 PXE

So around lunch time today imaging just stopped. I am on 1702 with the update installed and have one primary site server and 24 DP's. One of our techs imaged a lab this morning around 11:00 and when he tried to start another after lunch, the pc's will boot get an IP and when they will download the boot wim and go through the windows start up. Once they get to initialising network connections it just dies, screen goes blank and the computer restarts. I have not changed anything in the boot image but it is the same kind of behavior you get when the boot image is missing the network drivers and since we have 27 different models of PC I doubt this is the issue. It couldn't come at a better time, we have about 15 labs left to image and School starts on Thursday. There are no issue in the console everything looks healthy. I am at a loss, I have read all day and even tried removing PXE from one of my DP's and adding it back. I did run updates on the Site server and database server on Thursday of last week but it stopped today not on Thursday after I ran the updates. Any and I mean any suggestion would be appreciated.

Are you seeing this behavior when trying to image known computers and unknown computers? There is a bug right now with computers taking over the Unknown Computer GUID which causes the issue you are experiencing. Do you have this hotfix installed? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4019926/update-rollup-for-system-center-configuration-manager-current-branch-v Check this post as well. https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1a6f8faf-1553-466f-b11c-0f24c6ec23f5/unknown-computers-no-longer-seeing-task-sequences?forum=ConfigMgrCBOSD

Yes, Yes even though I have the hotfix installed it was the "previous" button that got me. I ran the a search for id on all systems and found one with the same id as the unknown x64 computer. Thanks for every ones help on this one. I am connected by VPN but I just imaged a VM and it work fine.