gopi8883

After Deploying Windows 10, PC struck on "Why did my PC restart?" Page

Hi,

I am using a standalone media to install Windows 10 Version 1703 in my network. When almost the installation is complete, I am getting to see the page which says "Why did my PC restart?" I tried to restart the PC but still the same page comes up. Its like Ia m struck here with no clue. I am connected to the network with LAN cable but still nothing happens. Please help me fix this issue. I even cant get to any other page, i wanted to check the log files but no way i can go out of this page.

WhyDidMyPCRestart.thumb.png.1394467e5cbaf463efa20ca9f1429fd9.png

Thank you,

Hi,

I am doing a manual partition using the below steps before i start the task sequence

STEPS before booting from USB flash drive:

Diskpart

Select disk 0 (0 being the disk to setup)

Clean (wipe the disk)

Convert gpt (convert disk to GPT)

Create partition efi size=200 (EFI system partition)

Assign letter=s (Any allowable letter)

Format quick fs=FAT32 (Format the ESP)

Create partition msr size=128 (Create the MSR partition)

Create partition primary (Create Windows partition)

Assign letter=c

Format quick fs=NTFS (Format primary partition)

Exit

Hi, 

I had actually the same issue when deploying Windows 10 1703 into my environment.

I have managed to rectify the situation which another blog refers to disabling the 'Consumer Experience' via GPO

The “Consumer Experience” is the default mode Windows 10 (including Enterprise) is shipped with. This mode, upon initial login of a new user, commences the automatic download of a plethora of (unrequested) UWP apps, thus filling the start menu with games like Candy Crush. I deplore this feature beyond anything Microsoft has done in the past. It cheapens the Windows experience and frankly, I think they should be embarrassed that this is included in their flagship product. Fortunately, this feature can be disabled – but only on Enterprise edition.

In my case this policy was not set and building the device into an OU in Active Directory where there were no GPO's proved successful but as this would not solve my issue I started to look at my build Task Sequence in SCCM.

I finally discovered the issue was related to us requiring a private store and me setting a registry key and all I had to do was move this to last part of the build process.

It may be worth disabling part of your task sequence if you have not already so you are only putting an O/S on to the machine which would allow to further narrow down the root cause of the problem. 

In my case a task sequence re-order eventually sorted the issue out for me.