No Image Found

Cannot Image to SSD

Question

Hello,

My organization is running on Windows 7. Windows 10 is not an option at this time. I can image computers with a traditional HDD. Anytime I try to apply our Windows 7 image to a M2 drive it absolutely fails, will not even attempt to image. Anytime I attempt to image a SSD the imaging process goes through until the computer reboots to finish the installation process. It goes into a reboot loop. The drives are fine because I am able to image Windows 10 to HDD, SSD, and M2. 

I found turning RAID off and turning AHCI on in the BIOS and allowing for legacy boot worked in the past to allow me to image SSDs. However, I have a Dell Precision M 4700 that I installed a SSD in and Windows 7 will not image even with the BIOS settings I've used in the past. I just installed Windows 7 to this SSD with a DVD and it worked fine. 

Any idea as to what I'm missing?

2 answers to this question