kaiserclaw

Move computers to OU during OSD

Hello,

I have a bunch of Collections f.ex 

Sales - Windows 10
Users - Windows 10

The collection has a query and gathers computers from Active directory and populates them.

How can I add computers in a collection to Active directory OU during new installation?

When installing:
I import computer information (MAC address), give the computer a name and point out the collection -> "Sales - Windows 10" with is connected to DOMAIN.COM/COMPUTERS/SALES/WINDOWS10 by a query.
The computer shows up in collection after installation but not in the Active directory OU. Why?

Thank you.

If your departments have different subnets, or IP addresses - you can easily do it that way.
That's what I do in my firm, we have global sites so we need to be able to easily move them to the correct OU each time the machines are built. 

We use the "Gather" step to capture the machines details - and then process this using the TS Variable of DefaultGateway001 = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX 
Then when joining the machine to the domain you can move it wherever.

You should also be able to do this using the CustomSettings.ini as well.