anyweb

Configuring BitLocker in Intune - Part 2. Automating Encryption

do you have a possibility to do a teamviewer session with me so that i can see how you are testing this /

On 7/4/2018 at 4:38 AM, anyweb said:

do you have a possibility to do a teamviewer session with me so that i can see how you are testing this /

Hi Niall, 

Thanks mate. I think i messed out somewhere in my end, been retracing tracks last hour. Hopefully i'd get some time to test over the next couple of days. 

Cheers, 
Ravi 

hi Sanjay, i just tried and both downloads work fine, they do not work for non-registered users which may have been the case for you when you tried to download them,

please retry, now that you are a member

cheers

niall

I am getting a message using the USER bitlocker trigger on an account that has no admin access after we have to manually reboot.  

Bitlocker could not be enabled 

The Bitlocker encryption key cannot be obtained. Verify that the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) is enabled and ownership has been taken. If this computer does not have a TPM, verify that the USB drive is inserted and available.
C:\ was not encrypted.

What else can we try in order to make this work?

Hello Niall;

I am trying this automation process. I able to push the msi file to the hybrid-Azure Joined computer successfully. Loggd in with non-admin user. The task scheduled at 2:00 PM (I edited this task to run for test). At the scheduled time, the task run and successfully backed up Bitlocker drive encryption recovery information. But

1. Didn't prompt me to restart. When I checked the status I got the attached info. also attached the log

2. I restarted manually, the encryption didn't start

Can you provide me the latest version of this MSi which I can use to deploy encryption on a no-admin user computer?

Encryption Status.PNG

TriggerBitLocker.log.txt

I seem to be having an issue with this script(I have tried both the user one and the admin one)

Our usecase might be slightly different.

I keey getting the following error

"Error while setting up AAD Bitlocker, make sure that you are AAD Joined and are running cmdlet as an admin: Cannot bind argument to parameter 'Path' because it is null.

No this is only when i try run the script via task scheduler or via powershell ISE(Admin Mode)
When i run the parts of the script that push the key to AAD it works just fine and the recovery key shows up.

The use difference is we normally set up a local account with MDM enabled and Work account connected

Any help on fixing this?

**EDIT**

So i have looked through the code and at line 100 i have made a couple changes with brackets and i think i have a working version now could you take a look and confirm i am not crazy?

Edited by Swiftzn