anyweb

Configuring BitLocker in Intune - Part 2. Automating Encryption

it worked for me ! and according to your log it worked for you too, how did you test it exactly ? I tested using a windows autopilot enrolled device that had regular user permissions (not local admin)

did you modify the script in any way ?

No modification, delivered via intune, user logs on and is a standard user (autopilot). I manually changed the time on the task so it ran but didn't receive a prompt.

can you do a teamviewer session with me so i can troubleshoot it ?

no email received ! who did you send it to ?

ok got it and replied

Hi Bob, 

I have two questions and I would be most appreciative if you could answer them.

Questions 

1.) Do you have to have Windows Enterprise to manage bit locker within Microsoft Intune? Or can still manage devices with Windows Pro?

2.) If you do not want to make users administrators, but require them to accept the prompt to start encryption will your script automate this process  

Thanks for you help 

Yours Faithfully 

Layla Nicole 

Hi Layla, I think your questions are for Niall, the script has been developed by Niall, however in answer to your questions:

1. I believe you can manage Pro as well.

2. Niall's script will automate the bitlocker encryption and write recovery keys to AAD and OneDrive., It does not use the prompt that you refer to. Niall is still developing his script, you can get the original (for standard user) from the Windows Noob link on page 1.

Thanks

Hi,

I tried to run two task schedulers run as administrator under end-user account (non-local admin) and I have checked TriggerBitLocker.log and getting Access Dined.

I am trying achieve automatic BitLocker Encryption through Intune Policy without prompting admin credentials.   

Am I doing it correctly? 

did you look at the youtube video showing you how to test this ?

here it is

On 11/6/2017 at 7:41 PM, anyweb said:

well in my version it logs that it's deleting the scheduled task, when did you download the msi, perhaps you should retry the download

Hi Niall, 

Thanks for the wonderful article. I am having the same trouble as well, scheduled task just won't delete after encryption. i have downloaded the latest msi. device is Azure AD joined. any suggestions?

Cheers,

Ravi

Bitlocker log.txt

are you using the User version of the MSI or the other one ?

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, anyweb said:

are you using the User version of the MSI or the other one ?

Hi Niall, 

Thanks for the reply. I am using the other one, one where users have admin access. 

Cheers, 
Ravi

do you have a possibility to do a teamviewer session with me so that i can see how you are testing this /

On 7/4/2018 at 4:38 AM, anyweb said:

do you have a possibility to do a teamviewer session with me so that i can see how you are testing this /

Hi Niall, 

Thanks mate. I think i messed out somewhere in my end, been retracing tracks last hour. Hopefully i'd get some time to test over the next couple of days. 

Cheers, 
Ravi 

Hi Niall,

None of download link working. Could you please share download link of MSI file which works with standard user (non-admin) user? I tried to download them from link but it says not available.

Regards,

Sanjay Santoki

hi Sanjay, i just tried and both downloads work fine, they do not work for non-registered users which may have been the case for you when you tried to download them,

please retry, now that you are a member

cheers

niall

I am getting a message using the USER bitlocker trigger on an account that has no admin access after we have to manually reboot.  

Bitlocker could not be enabled 

The Bitlocker encryption key cannot be obtained. Verify that the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) is enabled and ownership has been taken. If this computer does not have a TPM, verify that the USB drive is inserted and available.
C:\ was not encrypted.

What else can we try in order to make this work?

was the TPM enabled ?