We started with Config Manager 1702. Since then we upgraded to 1706. The new client version is 5.00.8540.1007. We enabled Hierarchy Settings Properties of our site to Upgrade all clients using the production client within 4 days. One month later half of our computers are still showing "Client Version Reported from DDR" as 5.00.8498.1711 with Compliance Status of "Not Compliant." We are a Windows 7 and Windows 10 mixed environment.

Can anyone shed some light as to what might be going on here and why this occurred?

Thanks!

client.JPG

4 hours ago, Nate2003 said:

Would the upgrade process halt if clients didn't communicate within those 4 days from 9/7/2017?

No it should still upgrade. Since your installation window has closed, it will schedule an upgrade within 24 hours once it comes online. Client upgrades do respect maintenance windows though so check some machines to see if they have any applied.

I believe I've stumbled upon the issue. "maybe"

The PCs that were not pulling the client upgrade were in an IP range that was not in a boundary group. Those subnets where the clients were at were not added in subnet under Sites and Services in AD for discovery to occur.

However it makes me ponder how did the initial client install occur if upgrades will not work. Just last night we had a failed attempt of some in-place Win10 Upgrades. I feel fairly certain this was the cause for that as well.