Hi Experts,

We are currently implementing SCCM Current Branch 1702 afresh for one of our customers replacing BMC Marimba, and it was only a week back that we were informed about another existing installation of SCCM in one of the regions. They are using SCCM 2012 SP2.for managing patching for both server and desktop endpoints, with one Primary site and 8 distribution points. Now in our current implementation, we are looking to manage approximately 10000 endpoints and 1500 servers via a standalone Primary with additional management server and multiple secondaries in remote locations and distribution points in smaller branch offices. My question is how can we merge both these hierarchies and bring them up to the latest i.e. 1702 and then finally upgrade to 1706? Now, i understand that schema extenstion is a forest wide activity and since SCCM is already installed do I have to still extend the schema? Is there any change in attributes with current branch.