madmattwall

Packaging Trend Office Scan via SCCM

Question

hi there,

has anyone packaged and deployed via SCCM Trend Micro Office Scan, if so how did you do this, only I'm trying to package this up. i have tried running it as a command line, but when i update the DP it cant copy any info to it as there is none and it says the sequence media is missing.

also when you check the status of the DP it's saying "install pending" for ever.

cheers

Matt

8 answers to this question

hi,

this is the website http://uk.trendmicro.com/uk/home/

I'm not sure there is an available download to test with as it's our corporate solution and have a license with them.

we run it from a file share for example \\*********\autopcc.exe

this is a compiled exe that runs a batch file to install the application, we run the autopcc.exe then sit back and watch all done. nice and easy.

I'm making a package up thats runs a command line, no VB script just plain and simple DOS command. i point the packaging wizard at the share and follow the few but simple steps.

Ive attached a pic of the package.post-4361-12629659132441_thumb.gif

is the autopcc.exe file coming from you or from the maker of the software ? perhaps it is your problem,

when creating packages (ie: packaging an application) I always try to use the original source software from the vendor, and install it as natively as possible, usually as an MSI with accompanying mst or a vbs scripted install

hi there,

has anyone packaged and deployed via SCCM Trend Micro Office Scan, if so how did you do this, only I'm trying to package this up. i have tried running it as a command line, but when i update the DP it cant copy any info to it as there is none and it says the sequence media is missing.

also when you check the status of the DP it's saying "install pending" for ever.

cheers

Matt

If you still needed, yes I created a package for Trend Micro AV and runs it with success