spadge

Windows 10 1709 Build & Capture Task Sequence problem

I am trying to create a customised WIM of Windows 10 Enterprise 1709. The source install files were downloaded and extracted from the 1709 ISO from Microsoft's VLSC (SW_DVD5_Win_Pro_Ent_Edu_N_10_1709_64BIT_English_MLF_X21-50143.ISO). I can confirm the ISO works as I have built a physical and virtual machine from it.

I copied my B&C task sequence for Windows 10 Enterprise v1703 and simply changed the apply operating system step to use the 1709 source files and changed Index 3 - Windows 10 Enterprise.

The task sequence fails and the smsts.log file shows a Windows setup failed, code 31. However, the setupact.log (Windows\panther directory) states "Couldn't decide which image to use and was asked to never show the UI in unattend mode. hr =0x8004005. I suspected it is due to the new ISO / wim containing multiple WIndows 10 versions.

If I change the apply operating system step to use index 1 - Windows 10 Education the task sequence progresses as normal and Windows 10 installs.

I am running SCCM CB 1706 with deployment toolkit 8443 and Windows Assessment & deployment kit v 10.1.15063.0

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

1.JPG