anyweb

How can I customize the start menu in Windows 10 using Intune

Hello,

I'm trying to deploy a Start Layout in Intune, which is kind of working however the default apps are still displaying alongside the apps I have pinned in my policy:

image.thumb.png.0117ba619481d6784fa20fc780f79018.png+

Would you know why this is, or is this expected behaviour? Ideally I just want the apps I've pinned to display for users.

Thanks!

Edited by Tom1996
  • Sad 1

hi

it doesn't work for me either.

I applied the policy, and it works for the apps that are present on the device when the policy is applied, but if the apps are not yet present, it doesn't work. And since the policy has been applied, then no updating.

For example, Office takes time to download and install. So it never shows on my taskbar or startmenu.

is there a way to delay a policy ?

When I install / unroll a device, if I uncheck the policy and wait for all the apps to be pushed to the device, and then apply the policy, it will works.

Edited by doudoufr

once office is installed those icons will show in the start screen without you needing to do anything, you just need to be patient, this is EXACTLY what it looks like if you keep the start screen open and wait for office to install, once it installs it auto-populates the start screen

Start-menu-populating.gif

it does not on my computers. that's the problem. Either for office or for others apps. If they are not present when the Policy is applied, then, not working. Is it because i also customize the taskbar ?

But if the apps are présents when the Policy is applied to the device, then no pb at all !

Some others experts (blogger) says it is by design, and it will come….

Also Microsoft support says that too ! it is by design. You have to unassign the Policy first, enroll your device, wait for the apps to be installed, and then, assign the Policy and Apply !!! 

NOT GOOD ! 🤣

Thanks Dude! This is a total Eureka moment calling the AppID and not the shortcut link! It just works (Win10 v1809) as you have laid it out, if the app is not there it populates it when it shows up.