Millionaire07

SCCM 2012 to 2016 Design Consideration

Hello Friends,

We are planning to migrate our existing SCCM 2012 R2 infra to latest 2016 version.

1.Our current environment is with single forest & single standalone Primary with no secondary servers supporting patching for both client systems and servers.Mainly for patching use.

2.We need to either migrate or construct a new design for sccm 2016 which would support mainly upto 1000+ locations including DP for patch management and software distribution and nearly upto 50,000 clients. with low bandwidth speeds.

3.Also disaster recovery design solution is required.And separate management console for servers and desktop management.|And consideration for multiple wsus for patching.

So i would require advise if either we can go ahead to build a complete new design or existing solutions can be scaled up by adding new secondaries to site.

Why do you need a separate management console for servers and desktops? Why can't you have one console and use Role Based administration? 

Why is wrong with you exist environment?  

Honestly no one can answer this without knowing a lot more details. As such it might be worth hiring a consultant to help out.  

Note that there is no product called SCCM 2016. Therefor you must have CMCB  

Hello MJ,

As per compliance requirements we need to upgrade our 2012 R2 environment to SCCM CB latest one.

Below are my architectural requirement. WIll my current architecture support it.That is the question i had in mind.

The new SCCM 2016 /Distribution point being setup at every branch to cater the following to around 50000 plus end points which includes servers / desktops (20000) / laptops (10000) spread across 1000+ WAN locations with various bandwidth as low as 512 kbps:

• 900+ Locations 
  • ALL location should have DP if possible.