John SCCM

Using SUP for Patching Workstations suspend BitLocker

I am currently running SCCM 2016 (Current Branch 1702)

I currently have a couple of issues.

The first issue is that when I try to push patches via SCCM (Software Updates) that patch goes through to the workstation and installs but it pauses for a reboot.

I would like to have the workstation reboot. This works fine with my Servers though. Reboots no problem.

The second issue is that I would like BitLocker to be suspended and not come up when I do a restart for workstations with BitLocker.

Once they come up I would like BitLocker to be enabled.

Thanks

John

hi John, first of all there is no SCCM 2016, it's just called System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) version 1702. Secondly, how are your Software Updates targeted to the workstations ? using a regular deployment or an ADR ? what are your system restart settings for that deployment ?

as regards BitLocker, are you seeing it prompt for something after applying an update ? what are you seeing exactly ?

Thanks for the clarification.

We are targeting using a regular deployment Software Update Group to Device Collection.

I have tried using the defaults and when I log into the workstation it asks to restarts.

I would like this to automatically restart.

I am currently trying with the setting suppress restart to see what this does.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

John

Root Admin

I logged in and it required me to proceed with the install and then do a restart.

Once it restaredt it asks for the Bitlocker PIN.

I would think "Suppress Restart" setting is as expected.

Any other suggestions on how to force a restart and suspend the Bitlocker.

Attached is my settings when I deploy and my settings of the Client trying to "Suspend Bitlocker PIN entry on restart" (this did not seem to work either).

(Screen shots)

John

SCCM Client Installs Restart Issue and Bitlocker Nov 242017.docx

SCCM Client Install Trying to Suspend Bitlock Nov242017.png

the custom client settings are deployed to a collection, right ?. what collection is that, and is this computer with the problem in that collection