bman

PXE Boot with USB to Ethernet

Hello,

Has anyone been able to PXE boot EliteBook 840 series laptops with a Ethernet to USB dongle? I am using an HP branded USB to Ethernet dongle (N7P47UT). I have added the drivers to the boot image and updated the BIOS to the current version.

I am going to be imaging multiple hard drives off of one PC. We use SCCM 2012 and there is the issue of duplicate MAC addresses in SCCM once I image one drive. SCCM will see the MAC address of the PC and won't let me create another one off the same PC. There is a way to enter a MAC address in the registry on the SCCM server that will exclude it from being entered into the SCCM database. The MAC entered in the registry would be the dongle MAC. This article explians it better: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/system_center_configuration_manager_operating_system_deployment_support_blog/2015/08/27/reusing-the-same-nic-for-multiple-pxe-initiated-deployments-in-system-center-configuration-manger-osd/