Brian P

Deployment to "All Unknown Computers"

Question

Hi friends,

I had an already known machine in ConfigMgr and I wanted to deploy a new operating system to the machine.
I made a tasksequence deployment to "All Unknown Computers" and deleted a machine under "Devices" but it keep saying device is in the database. I have waited for like 2-3 days, restartet WDS and did a query to see if the MAC address is in the datatabase but it can't be found.

How do I make the machine "unknown"?

Querie:

select SMS_R_System.Name, SMS_R_System.MACAddresses, SMS_G_System_NETWORK_ADAPTER.ResourceID from  SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_NETWORK_ADAPTER on SMS_G_System_NETWORK_ADAPTER.ResourceId = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_NETWORK_ADAPTER.MACAddress = "88:51:FB:7F:E8:F7"

SMSPXE.log:
94:DE:80:8F:A6:C7, 03000200-0400-0500-0006-000700080009: device is in the database.    SMSPXE    24-01-2018 14:20:27    484 (0x01E4)

1 answer to this question