BryanP

Migrate Outlook 2010 settings to Outlook 2016/365?

I've got an install of Office 365 set up in SCCM that will uninstall Office 2010 and then install Office 365 (local copies of Outlook/Excel/Word etc.. 2016)

Maybe my google skills are weak, but I'm trying to figure out how to migrate local settings in Outlook.  The main thing is people who have a local .pst archive configured.  In theory they're not supposed to be doing that, but I'm still not allowed to break it.  Is there a way to export account settings from Outlook 2010, including the location of the .pst archive, then import that in to Outlook 2016?  Preferably something I can automate as part of the uninistall/reinstall I push from SCCM.

I've found pages that talk about moving account settings from one install of the same version to another install of the same version on a new machine by exporting and importing the appropriate registry keys, but that doesn't seem to be very helpful here.

Try this:

Import PST File From Outlook 2010 to Office 365 Account

Step 1: Export Outlook data to Outlook.pst
To export mailbox data to an Outlook .pst file, follow the steps given below:

1. Launch your MS Outlook 2010 application.
  2. On the topmost ribbon of MS Outlook, go to the File Tab. Click Options>Advanced>Export.
  3. From Import and Export wizard, select Export to a file. Click Next.
  4. In the next Export to a file wizard, select Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.
  5. Select the email account name you need to export. To export the entire PST data, select the checkbox Include Subfolders. Click Next.
  6. You can export a single folder also by selecting that particular folder. In this case, you have to clear the Include subfolders check box.
  7. Click Next to import PST file from Outlook 2010 to Office 365
  8. In Export Outlook Data File wizard, Browse and select the required location to export your file. You can select the required option. Click Finish to continue.
  9. After this, a dialogue box is popped up asking for the password (if you have set a password for PST file or when you are creating a new .pst file).
  10. Insert password and click OK. Your file will get saved to the selected location. Select checkbox. Your password is saved for future use.

Step 2: Move PST file to Outlook 2016

1. Launch MS Outlook 2016 application.
  2. Go to the File Tab. Click Open & Export>Import/Export.
  3. From Import and Export wizard, select Import from another program or file.
  4. Select file type as Outlook data file (.pst). Click Next.
  5. Click Browse to provide the location of the .pst file to be imported. Click on the required option and click Next.
  6. Select the particular folder or select include all subfolders. You can apply Filter if selecting a single folder.
  7. Click Finish to complete the process.

Using Export/Import wizard of MS Outlook to migrate the PST data is helpful but not completely successful. The drawbacks include time-consumption and less effectiveness. Let me know if this works for you. <spam removed>

Regards,
Jerry

Step 1. First, download, install, and run the tool on your computer.
Step 2. In this step, you can click on the check the “Is Office 365 Admin” option.
Step 3. Enter the credentials of the Office 365 admin account & click on the Login button.
Step 4. After that, click on one of the following options to select the PST file:
Add File(s)
Add Folder
Add CSV 
Step 5. Now, enter the user id authenticated for the Outlook PST file that you want to move into Office 365.
Step 6. Then, click on the Next button to proceed further.
Step 7. Further, select the required category and also select the “Date filters” button, if you need some specific date range of data.
Step 8. You can also click the checkbox next to Include Folders”, ”Incremental, “Exclude Deleted Items”, and “Exclude Sent items” options.
Step 9. After that, click on the Import button to start the conversion process.
Step 10. Now, the migration process will be completed successfully.
Step 11. Finally, click on the Save Report option, if you want to generate the complete status report.

Greetings,
spam removed