vincelewin

Migrating to a web based SSL solution.

Hi All,

I have a working 2012 solution in place. It is currently only intranet/http.

I wanted to extend it out to the internet so I followed this to setup and issue the certs "https://www.systemcenterdudes.com/internet-based-client-management/"

I have published the SCCM server through our Kemp LB on ports 443 and 80.

I have a test machine off the LAN, I have modified the Network tab with the FQDN of the SCCM server as published in WAN dns and it shows PKI and Internet when the VPN is disconnected and Intranet when the VPN is connected but it doesnt recieve any microsoft updates when the internal machines do.

On the SCCM console the test machine shows as inactive with 12 days since last comms. The assigned management point is the servers name and domain. And in the logs I can see errors connecting to this server when using ssl. 

I have issued certificates to the server using the web address and am thinking the ssl handshake is not happy that I am talking to server.domain.local and the cert is issued to webaddress.domain.com

Should I be renaming the server to the same as the webaddress so instead of sccore01.domain.local systemcentre.domain.local?

As always any help or advice would be greatfully received.