anyweb

Upgrading to System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) version 1802

i'm still working on this don't worry, please be patient and i'll come back to you as soon as I've something to verify

This seems to have broken our ability to image computers and to deploy software. Imaging fails because it cannot find the client install package (even though it shows in the distribution point as successfully distributed) and any install attempted through Software Center reports that it cannot find a distribution point.

I enabled fast ring update for this one - starts off as it should and then bombs out at download redist - I have tried it out 4 times now. Today, I deleted the contents of the easypayload directory. Didn't help. At a loss as to what is going to fix it now. Any ideas are much appreciated.

image.thumb.png.fae50a453f887958eb782ecbe67101d9.png

Hey Niall,

Just wanted to post an update.  I received a response this morning from Microsoft on the Windows 10 Feedback Hub.  The response is attached to this post, but according to them, the database upgrade issue has been fixed in the latest 1802 build.  No other details were given but I am assuming that if I retry the install, it should work, barring it downloads the latest version.  Judging by the SCCM console the build was updated since I last tried it.  I will post an update late this afternoon with the results.

image.thumb.png.b1c7593791dc7d7be1a7a2394b9a1d23.pngimage.png.0461c1a539cab009cda4c2e179f1ad15.png

Well.....after jumping through a ton of hoops and unofficial Microsoft documentation to get SCCM to re-download the latest build of 1802, it unfortunately failed with the exact same error message.  I copied all pertinent details and replied to the comment from the Microsoft engineer from within the Feedback Hub.  So sadly at the moment, still no 1802 yet.

Hi Niall,

I will forward over those logs here shortly but I figured I would mention something I came across.  I decided to try something with my SCCM SQL server.  I had one of our SQL guys take a look with me and we made a copy of the CM database then took the EXEC spExtRenewInvGroupExtractViews command and ran it on the copied CM database and actually received a more detailed error than what the SCCM logs provide.  The error is:

EXEC spExtRenewInvGroupExtractViews  

Msg 207, Level 16, State 1, Procedure v_HS_MDM_DEVDETAIL_EXT01, Line 11

Invalid column name 'DeviceHardwareData00'.

Msg 15151, Level 16, State 1, Line 11

Cannot find the object 'v_HS_MDM_DEVDETAIL_EXT01', because it does not exist or you do not have permission.