Phil Dyer

VB Script during task sequence

Question

Hi all,

Having an issue re creating our build process in the new SCCM environment i've been building lately. During the deployment of an OS we have two visual basic scripts that run after the OS has been booted into for the first time that add the PC to the correct AD groups and starts the 802.1x service (i know there is probably other ways of doing this but i'd rather replicate than redesign). This works flawlwessly on our current live SCCM but in the new one, which is working with Windows 10 rather than 7, i cannot get it to run during the TS, i just receieve an incorrect function error, whereas if i run the script manually on the Windows 10 machine it works as expected.

I've attached some screenshots that show the position in the task sequence of the script step, and the command line im using to call it (also copied from our current live environment)

The content is on the DPs correctly as the unattend file that runs during the initial OS setup is also called from that same package.

Thanks

Phil

VBScript.png

3 answers to this question

please tell me you are not using domain admin creds to do this ? and secondly can you attach the smsts.log so we can see the exact failure

ok here's your first issue:

failed to get the linked token information. It may not be available. Error 1312

based on the script which we don't have it's probably not good,

next if fails on ...

Failed to run the action: Join AD Groups.
Incorrect function. (Error: 00000001; Source: Windows)

but that could relate to the first failure, so what does the error 1312 mean ?