adurrant

Push HP BIOS Settings via OSD (Windows 10)

What version of BiosConfigUtility64.exe are you using?  I am not sure when the change occurred, but I believe the /CurSetupPasswordFile switch was replaced with /cpwdfile.  This is what v4.0.21.1 is showing.  We also have continue on error checked on the step as I believe it will technically fail as it is trying to write to some lines from the config file to read-only things in the bios.  I think you could go through the config and remove what is read-only as an alternative also.  We reference a package without a program to accomplish this during OSD.

image.png.4ae91b94233e3a3d97cb7b6bd512abf0.png

image.thumb.png.e2f478672cba3e992b6f892c192e1a01.png

image.png.36c64beaf1018eabfd34df86ea0f2fea.png

Also, what path is your package source referencing?  You are using the same package on the two steps, but you have two separate sub folders where the password .bin files are kept.

EDIT: In reviewing the 4sysops post, I see they specified the ~configs subfolder within their command in the TS.  Assuming your COL0009C package source is the root of the "HP EliteBook 840 G2 Configuration Files" folder, you would need to specify the subfolder in the path to the config files and encrypted password bin files.

@danielclasson your procedure worked perfectly. Thanks for putting all of that information together.

I have begun to play around with HP's Client Management Script Library. It's a (surprisingly) robust set of PowerShell modules for a lot of activities - Softpaq repositories, BIOS/firmware updates, BIOS config baselines and the like. It seems to do a lot of things and do them well. 

Still, though, we don't adjust procedures like BIOS updates until we've done significant testing over a period of months. CMSL is worth a test drive for sure, though.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/hp-cmsl.html