kcumbie8

Encode Domain Join Password in SCCM Customsetting.ini

Question

I'm using a UDI\MDT taskseqence and encoding the OSDJoinaccount  . I enclosed a  a sample Custom.ini with dummy password ;) I'm also  using a VB script to decode placing the decode script before configure but getting a domain join error  if any sees what i might be doing wrong . Apply Network setting is Joining a workgroup just above that  but this seems normal because the Domain join is being controlled by the MDT\UDI variables . The Goal is  the obfuscation of the OSDdomainjoin password in Codebase64 then decode it to clear text just before its Configured. I'm getting a domain join error at the end which telling me is drivers this on a VM which i don't think is because i have built to servers with no problem in Hydration. ;) So i think I'm missing something possibly in the  Decode script when I'm calling ZTIutility or possibly in customsetting.ini

ENCLOSED PICTURES 

Can some one give some some pointers on what I'm doing wrong. 

customsetting.PNG

ZTIobfiscatepassword.PNG

UDITaskseqence.PNG

ZTIUtility.PNG

1 answer to this question