anyweb

How can I install System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) version 1802 on Windows Server 2016 with SQL Server 2017 - Part 2

try

https://download.microsoft.com/download/C/4/F/C4F908C9-98ED-4E5F-88D5-7D6A5004AEBD/SQLServer2017-KB4101464-x64.exe

instead, thanks for pointing it out i\ll update the script shortly, you can get the download links by selecting the cu from hwerw

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4101464

then looking at the HTML Source after clicking on Download

ok i've updated the SQL server script with the new CU5 download link, plus included text in the script to inform users how and where to determine the CU download link should Microsoft change it again in the future

Another great step-by-step guide from Windows-noob, thanks. Save us so much time.

In one of the other step-by-step guide (I think it was in 1606) a user asked for splitting up the different SQL logs,DB,Temp and so on to different drives, maybe it would be a good ide to include that in your SQL configuration settings.

Again thanks for some really nice guides.

• Haha 1

thanks for the comments and i'll consider that for the next time I update that script, they do take a lot of time to test and produce, but i'll definitely give it a try

Well, I'm a bit bummed I went thru Part1 and Part2 and there's scripts but no help on what order AND no Part 3????

I'll have to look back - did I miss an upfront warning/advisory? Doing it all via powershell.... if I find the order, I hope this works....

hi

at the bottom of each post it links to the next in the series. Did you miss that ?

fyi, all the Current Branch content I've written is listed here in chronological order

https://www.windows-noob.com/forums/topic/13288-step-by-step-guides-system-center-configuration-manager-current-branch-and-technical-preview/

here are the 4 parts of this series

How can I install System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) version 1802 on Windows Server 2016 with SQL Server 2017 – Part 1
How can I install System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) version 1802 on Windows Server 2016 with SQL Server 2017 – Part 2
How can I install System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) version 1802 on Windows Server 2016 with SQL Server 2017 – Part 3
How can I install System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) version 1802 on Windows Server 2016 with SQL Server 2017 – Part 4

I will edit the posts to link to all 4 parts.

Fixed the issue by registering. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi, thank you for the great guide.

When I try to download the scripts, I always end up with this:

This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location.

Error code: 2C171/1

Can you please help?

Thks

Edited by lalanc01
fixed issue by registering