Bei60

Deploying SQL Management Studio gives "This software could not be found on any servers at this time"

Hey guys,

As the title says, I want to deploy SQL Management Studio but I get that error.

I followed this guide precisely.

Any ideas? Googling around talked mostly about boundry issues but I'm certain it's not it.

AppEnforce log

Tried:

- Other versions of Ssms

- Deleting the application and deploying again from scatch.

- Making sure there are no typos.

- changing paths, quotes of the installation switches, detection methods, etc.

Edited by Bei60

Have you successfully installed SSMS outside of SCCM using the same install string? There should be a log in %TEMP% if the install did indeed start. You can also add /log c:\LOGDIR to the install string to force the log output. In my experience with this error something is either wrong with the install string or the start-in location.

15 hours ago, GarthMJ said:

Have you asked prajwal what is wrong with his blog post? 

Have you checked that the detection is correct? 

Don't know how to contact him. I left a comment on the tutorial and also opened a thread on their forums but no answer.

Yes, I verified the detection method :)

4 hours ago, TrialandError said:

Have you successfully installed SSMS outside of SCCM using the same install string? There should be a log in %TEMP% if the install did indeed start. You can also add /log c:\LOGDIR to the install string to force the log output. In my experience with this error something is either wrong with the install string or the start-in location.

Tesm I tested that and it works :)

Edited by Bei60

Tip, when posted log, post the whole log file and not a screenshot, The text is too small to read. 

You either have a problem with your detection method OR your install is spawning another thread on the computer which completes after the detection occurs. In either case, you need to figure out what is going on and fix it.