xerxes2985

MIssing .sys file when loading boot image??

Question

I was attempting to create a new boot image (testing concept) and the following error message occurred after the WIM loaded.

The following file is missing or corrupt.... 0xc0000359 megasas2.sys

I am using a 64 bit boot image, with the Dell WinPE driver cab (v10) loaded. What is causing this issue?

3 answers to this question

i'd suggest the Dell WinPE driver cab, if you look at the smsprov.log around the time of the failure, does it reveal the problem ?

I've got something weird going on. Each time I update the boot image, its creating a new file, then the boot image source isn't pointing to the correct boot WIM?

huh..JPG

I'm removing it from my distribution point and redistributing it. Maybe that will resolve my issue.

Edited by xerxes2985
added context.

Got it.

After jacking up my boot image, and frustration. If the "megasas2.sys" error is coming up, when using the WinPE cab from Dell, remove the offending driver, and use the manufacturer driver pack (linked below). Once I added that into my image, it is booting fine.

https://docs.broadcom.com/docs/MR_WINDOWS_DRIVER_6.14-6.714.05.00-WHQL.zip