Nerano

Language Pack in reference image

Question

Hi

I have a couple of questions regarding using language packs in a reference image in MDT. We want to deploy Swedish OS to all our users and I was advised to do this using
English OS media with corresponding language pack (Windows 10 1803) instead of using localized media.

It appears to have installed the language pack correctly in the reference image but the display language of the OS before the capture is in English (I have a suspend
action in the task sequence).

My question is what is the best way to set the display language automatically to Swedish once the LP is installed by the task sequence?

Some other concerns regarding patching and updating the client once it has been deployed:

We will be deploying the REF-image using OSD in SCCM 1802 and use SUP/ADR rules to patch the clients, I assume the patches we download for Windows 10 will need to be in English since the base OS is English? Are there any other considerations we need to make?

What are the implications of using SCCM/Servicing for Windows 10 when updating a client with a LP, say 1709 to 1803? I know that the version of the language pack must match the release version of Windows but is there anything else?

I would really appreciate if someone has some experience of this and could give me some feedback.

Regards Emile

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet