kesh

New Config Mgr Server Build

Hi experts,

We have been experiencing some issues with our SCCM CB infrastructure. Completed about a week of troubleshooting and another week with Microsoft with no resolution. We have decided to to build a new server and decommission the old one. 

My current setup is Windows Server 2012 R2, SQL 2012, and CD 1706 for my primary site with 5 DPs

I have decided to go with Windows 2016, SQL 2016 and CB 1802 for the new build. Everything will remain same (roles, site code etc.)

My Primary site houses all my roles ie - 

1. Asset intelligence
  2. component server
  3. DP
  4. Endpoint protection point
  5. MP
  6. Report server
  7. Site DB Server
  8. Site System
  9. SUP

My question is as follows: The old server is still in production and I am going to build the new server in conjunction with the old one. will this cause any issues, or what will be best way to move all the roles to the new server. Can I install Config Mgr and configure these roles with old server still running and gradually move the roles out of the old server, or can I setup all at one go on the new server and move them off at the same time from the old one?

I have decided to just turn off the existing server and install Config mng and all the roles on the new server due to meet my deadline. Hope the current clients dont have an issue once i complete my setup. My site code and all other settings will remain the same.