Didier Caamano

Device Collection with computers that have not run Windows Updates in more than 2 months

Hello everyone, 

I recently started to manage a SCCM environment and I am implementing Windows Updates using SCCM.  We do not have all server at the same patch level.  I currently have the following device collection to apply monthly updates on devices that are up to date:

Windows Servers – Update Manual

Windows Servers – Update Monthly

Windows Servers – Update Test

The aforementioned collections are for devices that are up to date.  As I said at the beginning, not all my devices are up to date nor are they at the same patch level.  I wonder if there is a way that I can create a device collection "Windows Servers - Updates 2008 Catchup", and populate it with devices (running Windows Server 2008 or 2008 R2 in this example) that have not had windows updates installed in the last 3 months or older?

The idea is to easily identify which devices are up to date with Windows Updates and which devices are not, and slowly bring them all to the same, and up to date, patch level.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,