Sign in to follow this  
Bridge

PKI View Healthcheck - Root CA - Unable to download CDP Location #1

Within PKIView.msc I'm seeing an error for the Root CA -- CDP Location #1, set to LDAP.

Everything else is reporting as healthy except for this. Is there a way to re-publish this, or what would be the best way to start determining where I went wrong with the setup?

hi are you seeing this after completing my 8 part lab ?, I've booted mine up, and verified on the IssuingCA as EntAdmin  with pkiview that everything looks good, and it still does after leaving it running for a day, i'd suggest you start at the beginning again and work your way through it, it's a good exercise anyway,

take snapshots after completing each Part, so that you can always revert if there's an issue later.

Just want to throw it out there. The exact same behavior happened on my setup. Literally everything was healthy except for the Root CA LDAP CDP location #1.

odd, i've just checked my current PKI lab and although my certs were expired (it's a lab and was shut down since march), using

certutil -crl

on the IssuingCA republished my certs and all is ok now. I've tested the PKI lab guides 3 separate times (I built 3 completely unique labs based on my own guides, eg: Lab #9, Lab #10, Lab #11) and all suceeded 100% as you can see below in my #11 lab...

image.png

I would suggest you guys try again and verify each and every step as you go, also, take checkpoints (snapshots) between each part so that you can always go back if you make a mistake, lastly, the pki.windows-noob.com webserver URL, will of course be your 'own' url, and it must be reachable by the issuing CA and others or pkiview.msc will list a bunch of errors/failures.

Troubleshooting Tip: in PKIview.msc, highlight an entry and click on the Refresh button in the ribbon, it should re-verify the highlighted item.

also, can you guys post screenshots of your issue(s) so we can try and figure out what the issue really is