So, I have a few custom groups in my task sequence that install applications based upon some WMI queries using a naming convention. But I am having some issues trying to get it working exactly. Here is what I am trying to do.

I have two groups. Employee and Labs. The naming convention for employees is LIB-AU and for the Labs its LIB-AUXXXXX-XX where the X's represent numbers
image.png.92a370d17ad9f0b36b8a5f4cffd28402.png

I have this particular "If" statement. 

image.png.015b981b32de20f2986a62e77e4c00e6.png

Here is the query in question that I currently have for employee
SELECT * FROM Win32_ComputerSystem WHERE Not Name LIKE 'LIB-AU%-%'

Here is the query for the labs group. 
SELECT * FROM Win32_ComputerSystem WHERE Name LIKE 'LIB-AU%-%'

The behavior that occurs is that everything under the employees group installs to a system if it has the name "LIB-AUXXXXX-XX" - I don't want this to happen. I only want it to run the steps if it meets the 'LIB-AUXXXXX' naming, but otherwise skip it. The query for the "labs" group works fine.

Any suggestions?

TEST TEST TEST

I don't have a naming convention like this, but this "MIGHT" work--I suggest testing.  A lot.

Assumptions:
There are EXACTLY 5 numbers between the LIB-AU and the - for the Lab machines and then exactly 2 numbers after the -
There are EXACTLY 5 numbers for the LIB-AU ones where they don't have a - for employee machines

Labs:

Select * from win32_ComputerSystem Where Name like 'LIB-AU[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]-[0-9]-[0-9][0-9]'

Employees:
Select * from win32_ComputerSystem Where Name like 'LIB-AU[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]'

Why this might work....
the [0-9]; that's a WQL/SQL query trick. So you're saying... after the LIB-AU, that next character has to be a number between 0-9
Then the next character has to be 0-9
... up to 5 characters (for Employees)

For Lab, it has to be LIB-AU, then 5 numbers, then a -, then 2 numbers. 

• Thanks 1