Peter33

Client Imaging Problem - Lenovo ThinkCentre M90p

Is anyone able to image a Lenovo ThinkCentre M90p Desktop with CongigMgr CB 1806, MDT 8450 and ADK 1803? The imaged OS is Windows 10 1703 and 1803 (MDT captures).
I know this is a rather old model, but I'm stuck with several thousand of those for quite a while until they will be replaced on demand next year. And yes it's a legacy BIOS system without support for Windows 10.
Everything was peachy when running on CB 1802 and ADK 1703. Now i'm getting a blue screen right after the 'Setup Config Manager Client' step, when the client is supposed to start into Windows.
Winload.exe error 0x0000e9 ... claiming that a connected device is not working
My guess is that it is referring to the HDD.
So basically that means the boot sector got messed up during the windows setup?
I already checked the log files in the sysprep folder for errors, but there are none.
Already tried to disable the driver installation step, but it doesn't make a difference. Even removed all injected drivers from the PE boot wim.
The funny thing is, when i run the imaging over my MDT deployment share, without ConfigMgr, only with MDT 8450 and ADK 1803, it just runs fine and boots into windows without any problems.
I also compared the loaded drivers in WinPE with DriverView.exe and both, MDT and SCCM boot images, are using the embedded standard drivers for AHCI and Ethernet.

So any suggestions or hints what to try next are welcome.
P.S.: Any newer models like M900, M910q, M710q (all UEFI )can be imaged without any problems.

Thank you and have a great weekend!

Peter

OK, turns out that it happens to be a general legacy problem, after i imaged a newer model also in legacy mode.

It happens only when the BDE drive in the formatting step is assigned with a drive letter. Ticking the option not to assign the drive letter solves the problem.

Cheers

Peter