iamrufus

Install application as admin during TS possible?

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to get a simple application to install but it doesn't seem to work either running the TS from the desktop or during the image process. Its a normal MSI application but for some reason it just wont install by the looks of it using the system account. I tried running the application silently through CMD outside of SCCM under my logged in user account (which is an admin) but it just would not fire off.  I moved all the source files locally to the location c:\apps\Q-Pulse

c:\apps\Q-Pulse> msiexec /i "Q-Pulse.msi" /qn

When i load CMD as admin and run the same command above it works fine.

Just looking for some advice as to how i could get round this and push this out via a TS. Is it at all possible to install the application as admin during an re-image TS?

Regards

Rufus

Hi GarthMJ

I did indeed and the one error the caught my eye was the below

MSI (s) (F0:20) [14:45:07:337]: Product: Q-Pulse -- Error 1925.You do not have sufficient privileges to complete this installation for all users of the machine.  Log on as an administrator and then retry this installation.

Have you talked to Q-Pulse about this? I have a hard time believing that the local system account which has more rights than the administrator account doesn't have the right rights. IMO the error is more likely a red herring and there is another true error. 

I see nothing in there but if the error is a red herring, I would expect to either. 

I would make sure that the MSI isn't blocked.

I will manually install it as the local system account https://verbalprocessor.com/2007/12/05/running-a-cmd-prompt-as-local-system/ if it fails, send this to q-pulse and get them to tell you why it is failing. if this works then it is an interactive setup or x64 issues.