Jump to content


Siroj

Peer Caching, unable to download from peer

Recommended Posts

Our Setup:
- SCCM 1806 on Server 2016
- Clients are running Windows 10 1709 (about 25000 clients)
- Clients running corresponding SCCM client v5.00.8692.1008

We are trying to utilize Peer Caching but are unsuccessful in getting it to work. After a number of tries to connect to a peer, it uses the DP as last resort and successfully downloads the data (but not from a peer cache source).

We verified that firewall ports (8003, 8004) are opened at the source peer. We re-entered the NAA account info and successfully verified. For testing purposes we also granted full access rights to CCMCACHE folder to the NAA account

In SMSTS.log we see that the client has located a peer, tried to connect but failed. Some possible relevant LOG entries:

Quote

Content source is a super peer, but peer token is not available    RunPowerShellScript    3-10-2018 09:41:21    4972 (0x136C)
Unable to find any Certificate based on Certificate Issuers    RunPowerShellScript    3-10-2018 09:41:21    4972 (0x136C)
CcmGetCertificateContext failed. 87d00215    RunPowerShellScript    3-10-2018 09:41:21    4972 (0x136C)
In SSSL - but not using DP auth token or authenticator    RunPowerShellScript    3-10-2018 09:41:21    4972 (0x136C)
In SSL, but with no client cert    RunPowerShellScript    3-10-2018 09:41:21    4972 (0x136C)
In SSL, but with no media cert    RunPowerShellScript    3-10-2018 09:41:21    4972 (0x136C)
401 - Unsuccessful with anonymous access. Retrying with context credentials.    RunPowerShellScript    3-10-2018 09:41:21    4972 (0x136C)
Using thread token for request    RunPowerShellScript    3-10-2018 09:41:21    4972 (0x136C)
401 - Unsuccessful with context credentials. Retrying with supplied credentials.    RunPowerShellScript    3-10-2018 09:41:21    4972 (0x136C)
401 - Unsuccessful with supplied credentials.    RunPowerShellScript    3-10-2018 09:41:21    4972 (0x136C)
401 - Unsuccessful on all retries.    RunPowerShellScript    3-10-2018 09:41:21    4972 (0x136C)
SendResourceRequest() failed. 80190191    RunPowerShellScript    3-10-2018 09:41:21    4972 (0x136C)
SendResourceRequest(), HRESULT=80190191 (..\downloadcontent.cpp,612)    RunPowerShellScript    3-10-2018 09:41:21    4972 (0x136C)
oDavRequest.GetDirectoryListing (setDirs, setFiles), HRESULT=80190191 (..\resolvesource.cpp,3072)    RunPowerShellScript    3-10-2018 09:41:21    4972 (0x136C)
Download() failed. 80190191.    RunPowerShellScript    3-10-2018 09:41:21    4972 (0x136C)
 

Does anyone have any idea where to look next?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


On 10/3/2018 at 10:37 AM, Siroj said:

Our Setup:
- SCCM 1806 on Server 2016
- Clients are running Windows 10 1709 (about 25000 clients)
- Clients running corresponding SCCM client v5.00.8692.1008

We are trying to utilize Peer Caching but are unsuccessful in getting it to work. After a number of tries to connect to a peer, it uses the DP as last resort and successfully downloads the data (but not from a peer cache source).

We verified that firewall ports (8003, 8004) are opened at the source peer. We re-entered the NAA account info and successfully verified. For testing purposes we also granted full access rights to CCMCACHE folder to the NAA account

In SMSTS.log we see that the client has located a peer, tried to connect but failed. Some possible relevant LOG entries:

Does anyone have any idea where to look next?

Hi,

Same issue only during OSD Task Sequence deployment

No issue during Package/Application/Software Update deplpoyment through Software Center

Florent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2018 at 1:46 PM, florentflo said:

Hi,

Same issue only during OSD Task Sequence deployment

No issue during Package/Application/Software Update deplpoyment through Software Center

Florent

Did you figure this out? I have the same issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to add the variable to a collection containing said device:

SMSTSPeerDownload=True

To do with how the environment is created at point of delivery and other vague stuff(tm).

HTH o/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2019 at 4:02 PM, Rashmika said:

You need to add the variable to a collection containing said device:

SMSTSPeerDownload=True

To do with how the environment is created at point of delivery and other vague stuff(tm).

HTH o/

I have the same issue, after add the variable SMSTSPeerDownload=True to a collection same error

 

On 10/10/2018 at 7:46 PM, florentflo said:

Hi,

Same issue only during OSD Task Sequence deployment

No issue during Package/Application/Software Update deplpoyment through Software Center

Florent

SMSTSPeerDownload=True resolve your issue?¿

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2019 at 8:12 AM, dgalvarado said:

I have the same issue, after add the variable SMSTSPeerDownload=True to a collection same error

 

SMSTSPeerDownload=True resolve your issue?¿

Did you get a fix for your issue. I am having the same issue only during OSD. I have the variable set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...