SuperKman

My Win7 install via SCCM OSD works correctly, why capture it?

Question

Hi, My question is thus: Apart from the obvious benefit of speed, why would I bother capturing a Win7 image and faffing about with all of the other stuff needed to make it work given that I have managed to deploy Windows 7 Enterprise via SCCM OSD, including all the settings and software my enterprise requires(en-AU Regional settings, network\domain, GPO and so on).

Is there some problem with NOT capturing the deployed (but exactly how we want it) OS and continuing to use our SCCM OSD deploy? I've seen a lot of how-tos saying it's part of the process, but none of them have said why...

6 answers to this question

the question is, how are you deploying windows 7 currently, are you using the install.wim file from the windows 7 DVD or are you installing windows 7 by using an Install Operating System source... *pointing it to the entire content of the dvd source...*