Sokoban

Windows 10 Default Adobe Reader

Question

1 hour ago, SMoRZ3 said:

I've noticed mine is set to Adobe Reader, but eventually "Windows" decides its not working right and sets the default back to Edge. 

The below link may help.

Hack Adobe Reader to be Default

That's solution prevents Adobe to change, it's good. But I am looking for solution to set Adobe Reader as default.

; - )

3 hours ago, SMoRZ3 said:

I've noticed mine is set to Adobe Reader, but eventually "Windows" decides its not working right and sets the default back to Edge. 

The below link may help.

Hack Adobe Reader to be Default

We had that same issue but I found out that in our case it was caused by using old export files. The applicationstrings and what not is updated with every Win 10 version, so if you have exported the default App association file from a client running 1703 you can encounter the behaviour you explain when importing it to a client running a diffrent version. Thumbrule is to make a new export for every Windows version your are running, its been working fine for us after we started doing that.

7 hours ago, Sokoban said:

No, I have also tried with latest version of Adobe Reader 2019.008.20071, at the time of writing... 

any idea? 

Nothing that pops up right away.. I guess you could try to make a new export from a computer were you set Adob as default PDF reader and then manually import it on a test client to see if it works.

2 hours ago, VinnieBaz said:

We had that same issue but I found out that in our case it was caused by using old export files. The applicationstrings and what not is updated with every Win 10 version, so if you have exported the default App association file from a client running 1703 you can encounter the behaviour you explain when importing it to a client running a diffrent version. Thumbrule is to make a new export for every Windows version your are running, its been working fine for us after we started doing that.

Ahh ok. That makes sense. I'm using a "borrowed" export so it could be that its not the same Win 10 version I'm currently using. Or in general I've never re-created it after upgrading to the newer Win 10 version. I'll have to see if that solves my particular issue.

Thanks.