anyweb

Windows 7 Fastest Selling OS in History

Microsoft presented the results for its second quarter of the 2010 fiscal year yesterday, which ended on December 29 2009. As it turns out, thanks to sales of Windows 7, Microsoft experienced a record quarter, which is especially welcome after the previous two lacklustre ones. It sold 60 million Windows 7 licenses during this record quarter.

Since I have no clue about these figures, I'll just copy them verbatim so I won't make any mistakes.

Microsoft Corp. today announced record revenue of $19.02 billion for the second quarter ended Dec. 31, 2009, a 14% increase from the same period of the prior year. Operating income, net income and diluted earnings per share for the quarter were $8.51 billion, $6.66 billion and $0.74 per share, which represented increases of 43%, 60% and 57%, respectively, when compared with the prior year period.

Windows 7 played a major, major role in the revenue jump. "Exceptional demand for Windows 7 led to the positive top-line growth for the company," says Peter Klein, chief financial officer at Microsoft, "Our continuing commitment to managing costs allowed us to drive earnings performance ahead of the revenue growth."

Windows 7 has seen tremendous sales, with more than 60 million Windows 7 licenses leaving Redmond during the second quarter, making it the fastest selling operating system in history according to Microsoft. "This is a record quarter for Windows units," says Kevin Turner, chief operating officer at Microsoft, "We are thrilled by the consumer reception to Windows 7 and by business enthusiasm to adopt Windows 7."

via > http://www.osnews.com/story/22808/Microsoft_Windows_7_Fastest_Selling_OS_in_History

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.