Currently running CM1806 and looking into Endpoint Protection as a replacement for our current AV.  I have the role installed and tested it to 1 pc and it all seems great, but I don't know where to go from here?  Is there some kind of setup guide I can follow with best practices included?  I have a lot of questions before I even begin really testing this?  What OS's is this compatible with?  Will it work on Server OS's (2008, 2012, 2016)?  Just looking for some guidance on what my next steps should be.

Recently rolled this out, some brief notes:

- On a Windows 10 machine, no additional agent is required. You simply set the SCCM policy to enable Endpoint Protection (Defender) to be managed. SCCM > Administration > Client Settings > Endpoint Protection > Manage Endpoint Protection......

- On a Windows 7 machine, SCCM will automatically deploy the SCEP agent if the above policy setting is enabled. We haven't deployed to server so cant assist there, but no reason why it wouldnt work.

- You'll need to setup ADR's so new definitions are downloaded every X hour, you'll also need to change you SUP sync schedule to match this frequency

- All settings/configuration/exclusions etc can be done via Anti-Malware policies. SCCM > Asset and Compliance > Endpoint Protection > Antimalware policies

- I found we had to manually uninstall our previous AV solution (even though SCCM has an option to remove it) else SCEP would fail to install. I had to script the removal of the old AV

Take some time to flick over all the anti-malware policies, everything will become much clearer. Key thing is to make sure your definitions are regularly updated (i do mine every 8 hours), and to make sure your SUP also sync at the same time else the ADR will run against a "outdated" SUP catalog. 

• Like 1