Guys, 

I am new here, just trying to figure out a way to copy files over the WAN without causing outages . I have a folder that i need to copy to a location on all computers in the enterprise. Is there a way i can copy these files to distribution points in SCCM and then copy it using s script to all computers which fall under that particular distribution point? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Yes.

You can throttle package downloads to clients via client settings.

You can throttle the bandwidth setting when sending packages to the DP. Right click on the DP, properties and I think it's the last tab. Sorry but I'm not at my desk right now.

Thanks for the quick reply Kilamym, :-). Really appreciated. Throttling on the DP is already there.The package that is being deployed is just a batch script. This script copies a 10mb file from Central SCCM to each machine in the enterprise. Once this is copied i run a task to install from the location. I wanted to see if i can do the file copy from the distribution point instead of central server. Again thanks for your help.

if the batch file is copying the files, then sccm wont perform any throttling.  It's essentially like you copying the files manually.

As an alternative, use the file location as a package source and you can have sccm download the files into the local cache then run the command to install from there. In that case the download will be throttled. Does that make sense?

Sounds good ... How can use the file location as package source?

Is below what you are saying. I was thinking of running below script as a program on the remote computers. Sorry  but if you have any literature on how this works that would be really good .. Again thanks for your help on this.

#create new Folder on the User computer
$Folder = "c:\Folder"
New-Item -Path $RealVNCFolder -type directory -Force
#CopyFiles To the computer

$LocalDp = (Get-Item -Path ".\" -Verbose).FullName
Copy-Item -path "$LocalDp\File.ps1" -destination "c:\Folder"