anyweb

How can I install System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) version 1902 on Windows Server 2019 with SQL Server 2017 - Part 1

Hi, Could you please help on fixing the error in management point in site configration.. I am getting this error in MPSetup log file :  Fatal MSI Error - mp.msi could not be installed.

mp.msi exited with return code: 1603
Backing up C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\logs\mpMSI.log to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\logs\mpMSI.log.LastError
Fatal MSI Error - mp.msi could not be installed.

Do you have any solution on fixing this please? any link to follow?

Niall,

You wrote:

"Note: The SCCM 1902 Current Branch media is not yet available on MSDN or VLSC. When the new baseline media is released I'll update this note. In the meantime you can download the baseline media ISO from the Microsoft evaluation site here. This will be the same media that will make it's way to MSDN and VLSC. Once downloaded, extract the media to C:\Source\SCCM1902."

Since it now has been released, would you care to update your note?

Also - this terrific series could be seriously improved were you able to publish Part 8 on boundaries.

Thanks again for putting this all together. And, may I wish you Happy Birthday about 4 days early?

-HarleyKM

Thanks for this.
However, a couple of pointers that could be of great help to a noob....

(base host, MS Surface running Win10 ENT in an office landscape....; this will be a Win10 hyper V lab)

1. HW configuration for the DC - just a single NIC? To which switch should it be attached, default, internal, private or a new custom switch?

2. I'm nervous about installing a DHCP server in an office landscape. A couple of explanatory lines on how to ensure this is done safely would be a great help.

hi, if you are planning on doing this on a Surface that's fine as long as it has at least 16GB of ram (minimum) for all the virtual machines, and lots of storage.

for both #1 and #2 configure the switch as PRIVATE that way it won't matter that you are running DHCP as it will be self contained in it's own private network