anyweb

How can I install System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) version 1902 on Windows Server 2019 with SQL Server 2017 - Part 2

On 3/21/2020 at 3:41 PM, anyweb said:

Hi,

I am getting the following error when I try to join CM01 to DC01

Note: This information is intended for a network administrator.  If you are not your network's administrator, notify the administrator that you received this information, which has been recorded in the file C:\windows\debug\dcdiag.txt.

The following error occurred when DNS was queried for the service location (SRV) resource record used to locate an Active Directory Domain Controller (AD DC) for domain "windowstest.lab.local":

The error was: "DNS name does not exist."
(error code 0x0000232B RCODE_NAME_ERROR)

The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.windowstest.lab.local

Common causes of this error include the following:

- The DNS SRV records required to locate a AD DC for the domain are not registered in DNS. These records are registered with a DNS server automatically when a AD DC is added to a domain. They are updated by the AD DC at set intervals. This computer is configured to use DNS servers with the following IP addresses:

- One or more of the following zones do not include delegation to its child zone:

windowstest.lab.local
lab.local
local
. (the root zone)

CM01-JD Error.PNG

Edited by Melifa99
Screen Shot Attached and I am trying the lab in Azure

On 3/21/2020 at 8:41 PM, anyweb said:

hi @noobchris that is done in part 2 in the PowerShell script to create users. You can of course do it manually by creating the OU structure in Active Directory Users and Computers.

So basically if you follow the manual way of the tutorial it wont work in the end?

sure it will work, but you might have to do additional tasks,

i will modify the two parts that refer to this and point out that if you don't run the PowerShell script to automatically create users and ou's, that you'll have to do that manually otherwise other steps may prompt errors. I already tell users to manually create the users, but i didn't mention to manually create OU's, i just assumed they would understand that based on the screenshots, I'll update it.

thanks for your two cents.

11 hours ago, anyweb said:

sure it will work, but you might have to do additional tasks,

i will modify the two parts that refer to this and point out that if you don't run the PowerShell script to automatically create users and ou's, that you'll have to do that manually otherwise other steps may prompt errors. I already tell users to manually create the users, but i didn't mention to manually create OU's, i just assumed they would understand that based on the screenshots, I'll update it.

thanks for your two cents.

Hi, i hope you didnt take that as a bad vibe. Im just unexperienced and learning sccm now. And since i cant copy paste on the server and also want to understand most of the things i just do it manually

• Thanks 1

no worries at all, thanks for trying out my guides, i'm happy for the feedback (oh and i still need to make that edit, so thanks for reminding me)