anyweb

How can I install System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) version 1902 on Windows Server 2019 with SQL Server 2017 - Part 4

On 6/12/2019 at 7:30 AM, anyweb said:

sorry, i mean is that user in the local administrators group on that server ?

Yes. Even though it's domain admin, schema, enterprise etc I added it specifically and I'm logged in as that user to execute the SQL install powershell script.

ok just tried it, it worked fine. also i don't have any 1802 in my script, so please double check what you've downloaded, it should be dated April 2019.

image.png

On 4/16/2019 at 10:05 AM, anyweb said:

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name = SQLPort dir = in protocol = tcp action = allow localport = 1433 remoteip = localsubnet profile = DOMAIN

I ran through this again in detail and it worked like a champ. I apologize. I'm not sure why that little part or error I was getting was happening but it went out without a hitch.  Such great work Niall. All the notes in the powershells etc etc plus the step by step stuff as well. My hats off to you as always!!!

I know it's one number typo. I didn't want you to think I was crazy.

<#
# Extend the Schema in AD for SCCM (Current Branch) version 1902, 2019/4/23 Niall Brady, https://www.windows-noob.com
#
# This script:            Optionally extends the schema for SCCM
# Before running:         Make sure the $SCCMPath variable points to the location of the 1802 ISO (or extracted media). Edit the variables as necessary (lines 16-45). 
# Usage:                  Run this script on the ConfigMgr Primary Server as a user with local Administrative permissions on the server
#>

<#
# Install SCCM (Current Branch) version 1902, 2019/4/23 Niall Brady, https://www.windows-noob.com
#
# This script:            Optionally extends the schema for SCCM, downloads pre-requisites, and then Installs SCCM (Current Branch) version 1802.
# Before running:         Make sure the $SCCMPath variable points to the location of the 1802 ISO (or extracted media). Edit the variables as necessary (lines 16-45). 
# Usage:                  Run this script on the ConfigMgr Primary Server as a user with local Administrative permissions on the server
#>

Hi,

I was wondering if its possible to add one more than one user/group to the SQL admins on the script?

eg:  "TEST\Administrator" " "TEST\SQL_Admin" "TEST\Domain Admins" "BUILTIN\Administrators"

Thanks

2 hours ago, Suganya said:

Will that I can go for Windows authentication instead of SQL.. How do I pass credentials into .ini file or anyother way to do this please help..

you'd need to look at my PowerShell script for installing SQL Server 2017, and configure it to produce the output you require, then test it.

Hi,

I used your pages to install sccm 1902. (downloaded from evaluation center)

the prereq keeps failing on:

• sql collation
  • user used for the services is not correct.
  • the user 

i used an AD user with sysadmin permissions for the services and when i check the collation it is the correct one.

installation is also with a sysadmin user with administrator permissions.

collation.jpg

Edited by Razor97
extra screenshot