anyweb

How can I install System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) version 1902 on Windows Server 2019 with SQL Server 2017 - Part 4

did it download the file?

if it did then look at this log file...

$Parms = "  /IAcceptLicenseTerms True /Quiet /Norestart /Log SQLServerReportingServiceslog.txt"

No don't do that, you can use the following Cumulative Update instead (it's current).

https://download.microsoft.com/download/C/4/F/C4F908C9-98ED-4E5F-88D5-7D6A5004AEBD/SQLServer2017-KB4515579-x64.exe

to find the cumulative update download link i do as follows, I google a phrase like "download sql server 2017 cumulative update" and click on the Microsoft link, it'll show a page like this..

image.png

then I click on download to download it, while it's downloading the page has changed, right click on it and choose View Source, in the page source, search for download.microsoft.com and you'll get your download link.

image.png

On 4/16/2019 at 5:05 PM, anyweb said:

That's it for this part, please join me in Part 5 where we Configure and Install System Center Configuration Manager 1902.

Hi, Hope this finds you and your loved ones well,  thank you for the lovely tutorial and just needed to notify that you're missing the hyperlink for Part 5.

You're welcome, Just a small question if i may, would it be possible to have a guide WSUS and SCCM on separate servers, Thank you and wish you a lovely sunday

Hi - I am having problems with Part 4 of SQL Server install - am keen on using the PowerShell method - however I keep on getting this error;

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> D:\Scripts\Part 4\CM01\Install SQL Server 2017.ps1
Could not find the media for SQL Server 2017 in D:, aborting...

Have amended script to point to correct location.

I have downloaded SQL 2017 media - extracting files etc - can you tell me exactly what files to be copied to the source location?

These are what I've tried;

SQLServer2017-x64-ENU

SQLServer2017-SSEI-Eval

SQLServer2017-x64-ENU.exe

SQLServer2017-x64-ENU.box

SQLServer2017-SSEI-Eval.exe

Thanks.

you need the actual sql server 2017 ISO (the cd) in drive d:\ or whatever drive you are attaching it to... that is the installation media