anyweb

How can I install System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) version 1902 on Windows Server 2019 with SQL Server 2017 - Part 4

On 10/1/2019 at 8:32 PM, Suganya said:

Hi , while installing SQL server I am getting this error 

The credentials you provided for the 'SQLAgent$SCCMSQL' service is invalid.. Please help me on this ..

Virtual Account 'NT Service\SQLSERVERAGENT' provided for 'SQLAgent$SCCMSQL' is either not a valid account or cannot be used for this service.

Added variables similar ex. SVCPASSWORD to account for password and pass on service account credentials in the configuration.ini.. That's make my problem solved

For some reason SSRS setup is not starting automatically throught the script.. Any reason for this or where to find to troubleshoot this? Please guide

Where can I find this log file 

SQLServerReportingServiceslog.txt

1. #$Parms = "  /IAcceptLicenseTerms True /Quiet /Norestart /Log SQLServerReportingServiceslog.txt"
  2. #$Prms = $Parms.Split(" ")
  3. #& "$filepath" $Prms | Out-Null
  4. #Write-Host "done!" -ForegroundColor Green
After executing this line.. it shows done.. but installation is not done for SSRS.. Any help please

in PowerShell, any line that begins with # is ignored. I.e. nothing will be executed....

the 4 lines you've quoted above won't do anything...

I am sorry.. While copy & pasting here I added #..  Overall SCCM setup I just followed your guide and able to succeed in installation automatically.. Thanks for your guide. But for this SSRS I don't find it is installed.. Any log or place to verify..

did it download the file?

if it did then look at this log file...

$Parms = "  /IAcceptLicenseTerms True /Quiet /Norestart /Log SQLServerReportingServiceslog.txt"

No don't do that, you can use the following Cumulative Update instead (it's current).

https://download.microsoft.com/download/C/4/F/C4F908C9-98ED-4E5F-88D5-7D6A5004AEBD/SQLServer2017-KB4515579-x64.exe

to find the cumulative update download link i do as follows, I google a phrase like "download sql server 2017 cumulative update" and click on the Microsoft link, it'll show a page like this..

image.png

then I click on download to download it, while it's downloading the page has changed, right click on it and choose View Source, in the page source, search for download.microsoft.com and you'll get your download link.

image.png