OliAdams

SCCM will not connect to SQL Server.

After one of the updates hanging on sharing content. I restarted the sql service and now sccm cannot connect. I have tried running modify sql server connection on the setup wizard hta but I get the error attached. When I run a UDL file test it connects using windows authentication but not when I enter the credentials of the user I am actually logged on as. Any ideas?

Capture.JPG

The smsexec.log states *** [28000][18456][Microsoft]

[SQL Server]Login failed for user

Here the user account has not changed and is still the same. It is the computer account of the site system server.

Is the SQL service running using the built-in system accounts or an AD service account? Under "administration --> overview --> security --> Administrative Users" does the service account have the appropriate permissions there?  For example, I have a service account called "domain\svc_sccm" that has "Full Administrator" permissions.  If you are logged into the admin console of the server, does it connect during that interactive session?  In short, these couple tests will help rule out general Windows server connectivity behavior.  If the SQL still fails after validating the above, it may be something else.