cvandal

SCCM - Windows PE Restarts

Question

I've set up a simple lab environment using Sun VirtualBox. I've got 1 Domain Controller (Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise), 1 SCCM Server (Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard) and 1 Client (Windows 7 Enterprise x64).

I'm working with Operating System deployment via PXE boot on my Client. I've used the following guide to acomplish this (http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/521-how-can-i-deploy-windows-vista-service-pack-1/) however it's not working.

The client will PXE boot, get an address from DHCP and load the .WIM file. When Windows PE starts it gets to the point where it says, "Applying network settings" and then the dialog box disapears and after a few more seconds it restarts.

I've enabled the command prompt option on my boot image and can confirm that by running ipconfig /all that I have a valid IP address and by running diskpart | list disk that Windows PE can see my disk.

I've looked at the smspxe.log but don't see any obvious reason as to why it's restarting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 answers to this question

I've looked at the SMSTS.log and yes, there are failures noted. See towards the end where it's unable to connect to the share.

When I press F8 and run "net use S: \\VANDAL-SCCM01.VANDAL.LOCAL\SMSPKGC$\00100003" I get, "The password is invalid for \\VANDAL-SCCM01.VANDAL.LOCAL\SMSPKGC$\00100003". It then asks me for a username and password. I type in the sasccm credentialds and it connects OK.

I've attached the full log.

smsts.log

from your log

Network Access Account is not set

then

Failed to connect to "\\VANDAL-SCCM01.VANDAL.LOCAL\SMSPKGC$\00100003" (5)

Content location request for 00100003:2 failed. (Code 0x80040103)

Failed to resolve selected task sequence dependencies. Code(0x80040103)

so, to fix verify that your network access account is set in Site Settings, Client Agents, Computer Client Agent, General, Network Access Account

cheers

niall

Hi,

I am having a similar kind of issue with Win 7 32 Bit OSD to bare Metal. Goes to the SCCM 2012 screen and just before asking for the password it restarts. This is in all in Hyper V 2k8R2.

I have it over and over again in both HyperV and Vmware 8 but it stops exactly at the same stage ! I used your windows-noob website part 7 - 9.

I am also attaching the log file for your reference !

Really appreciate any help as I am about to use this to deploy over 1800 Bare Metal clients this weekend !

Regards

Che

smsts.log