mujahid

SCCM Push client cannot work on Windows 7 systems

Question

Problem to push SCCM Client on windows 7 systems. Discovery work fine but client installation not done even right click the client PC (windows 7) and try to install client also not worked but when i installed manually on windows 7 System client installation succeed.Rather than this on Windows XP systems perfectly installed client through client push installation method.

Using Version of SCCM 2007:

SCCM 2007 R2 on windows 2008 R2.

Please need help to install sccm client on windows 7 systems.

2 answers to this question

Problem to push SCCM Client on windows 7 systems. Discovery work fine but client installation not done even right click the client PC (windows 7) and try to install client also not worked but when i installed manually on windows 7 System client installation succeed.Rather than this on Windows XP systems perfectly installed client through client push installation method.

Using Version of SCCM 2007:

SCCM 2007 R2 on windows 2008 R2.

Please need help to install sccm client on windows 7 systems.

Have you installed SP2?

Is this an update or a fresh setup?

Follow this post from anyweb

updating SCCM 2007 SP2

And this Upgrading ConfigMgr client after Service Pack upgrade

Hello,

Most Time a customer call me for such situation, the reasons were:

- Firewall not deactivated (the new Vista/Win7 being in the "computer" OU without any GPO deactivating it..

- Name resolution problems.. (WINS replication, old DNS records..)

- Bad IP configuration on the client..

for name resolution, don't just count on a working ping.. check that the IP is effectively the IP of the Windows 7..

if firewall and IP reso are corrects, and this from the SCCM server of course, connect to \\win7computer\admin$, if its ok,

launching an "install client" should result quickly with a c:\windows\system32\ccmsetup directory.. trace32 its ccmsetup.log...

btw, if the install client orders failed, you'll obtain status event in ADV_CLIENT_MANAGER_ (something like that) with error which ofently help..

SCCM SP2 indeed?

Hope this'll help (sorry for my english)

Conrad