Hi all -

I have got an unusual issue with imaging a Lenovo model - the m720.

If I start imaging via the network, when WinPE loads, it does not load the drivers for the network card and reboots after 30ish seconds. If, during this time, I load the driver via the cmdline, it will run through the sequence correctly. However, If I create a copy of the winpe media on a USB memory stick, with no changes, the model can image correctly, no need to use the cmd to load the drivers. For reference, the network driver in question is the Intel I217-LM (driver version - 12.17.8.9)

Has anyone ever seen a similar issue? And, if so, how were they able to resolve it?

If there are particular log files I should look at to help narrow down my search, that information would also be much appreciated :)

and after adding the drivers to the boot wim attached to your task sequence, make sure to distribute the boot image to all your distribution points.

To KeithDib and Anyweb -

Apologies for having not come back to you both after you provided your potential solutions to my query (I got distracted by various additional projects, stuff happened, and I plain forgot to reply :( )

Previously, I had added the driver to an existing boot wim. Now though, I have had the chance to revisit this issue...

New boot wim, only the drivers for the Lenovo added, worked straight away 👍 Just slowly adding back the other required drivers for our various laptops with different NICs

Thank you for your time in responding previously!