mniceguy81

Hi Everyone,

Hope this finds you well and hope you can forgive me if i didn't respect the rules as i'm new in creating a topic on this site i have been following since May 12, 2014 but never interacted just learning from the site but decided today to create a topic to ask for guidance or help if anyone can provide.

Short story -- Basically i'm a Level 2 tech who was only doing troubleshooting and i became good at it that i was invited to the table where Level 3 tech ate and started to get comfortable with them that 3 team members decided to teach me a few things about SCCM which is something i fell in love with.

So i need some help to create a Lab at Home that i can do all these things without touching the Productions Servers, I'm sorry again if i didn't follow the rules or research enough to find these things in this wonderful Forum.

Things that i need help with are links to the following questions;

How to create a Domain Server?

How to create a Certificate Server?

How to create a SCCM Server old so that i could do a upgrade to version 1810 or 19XX and the new branch (Don't know if it is the correct term)?

How to create a SCOM for Monitoring?

How to create a SQL Server (Can i have different Servers for SQL and SCCM or is good to have it on the Server) ?

Thank you for your help and wish you a lovely day.

• May 12, 2014

hi and welcome

i'd suggest you follow my guides index here

and in particular focus on the following

How can I install System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) version 1902 on Windows Server 2019 with SQL Server 2017 - Part 1

How can I install System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) version 1902 on Windows Server 2019 with SQL Server 2017 - Part 2

How can I install System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) version 1902 on Windows Server 2019 with SQL Server 2017 - Part 3

How can I install System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) version 1902 on Windows Server 2019 with SQL Server 2017 - Part 4

How can I install System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) version 1902 on Windows Server 2019 with SQL Server 2017 - Part 5

How can I install System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) version 1902 on Windows Server 2019 with SQL Server 2017 - Part 6

PKI and certificates are covered in this series.