jdiakolamb

Computer Age Report

Question

Hi

I'm trying to create a report to find the age of our computers. I tried running a report using CPU_Birth but it only shows me CPU age until 2006 and anything after that is not available. I just wanted to know if anybody was able to create the same type of report with success or if there is another way possible to get full results.

Thank you

3 answers to this question

Hi

I'm trying to create a report to find the age of our computers. I tried running a report using CPU_Birth but it only shows me CPU age until 2006 and anything after that is not available. I just wanted to know if anybody was able to create the same type of report with success or if there is another way possible to get full results.

Thank you

HI

I hope you can find some default reports which will give you the information about this. Which version you are using? SCCM or SMS 2003 ?

I found some default reports in SMS 2003 SP3,like

# Hardware 2A - Estimated Computer Age by Ranges within a Collection

# Hardware 2B - Computers within an age range within a Collection

Thanks,

Sreeni :)

HI

I hope you can find some default reports which will give you the information about this. Which version you are using? SCCM or SMS 2003 ?

I found some default reports in SMS 2003 SP3,like

# Hardware 2A - Estimated Computer Age by Ranges within a Collection

# Hardware 2B - Computers within an age range within a Collection

Thanks,

Sreeni :)

I am using SCCM. This reports are also included in SCCM, but when I run both of these reports I get the same results; CPU birth dates up until 2006. I also made changes to the sms_def.mof file and switched everything to TRUE for CPU's and still not getting a full report. I hope they fix this on R3.

Thank you

John D.

Here is an unsupported method up updating the cpu birth date table.

Here are the 3 main steps summarized:

1) extract the data from v_GS_PROCESSOR

2) add extracted data from above step to table LU_CPU

3) add missing manufacture date (you can get from manufacture website or other sources) to table LU_CPU field CPU_Birth and that's it.

for detailed step by step instructions and diagrams:

http://systemcenter-noob.blogspot.com/2012/07/modifying-configmgr-report-hardware-02a.html