Deep Parikh

Surface Pro going into reboot loop while imaging thru PXE

am facing a weird issue with 2 Surface Pro 5 1796 model. The device boots to PXE over IP v4, then reaches my correct DP that has PXE and OSD contents, enters into OSD task sequence wizard where I enter the password, select region, language, keyboard settings etc. Once all this is processed the client fetches the image and somewhere in the middle the device gets rebooted automatically. The device comes back up and starts infinite loop of Windows logo with spinning circle for 4 times and then reboots again.

It mainly happens when the device goes past the first restart of Applying drivers. I can't get the logs from F8 command prompt as he machine is continuously rebooting.

SCCM Hierarchy - 1CAS and 2 primary.
SCCM = CB 1810 
Server = Windows server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Surface Pro 5 1796 (non LTE) 

Trusted Platform Module (TPM) - [Enabled]
Secure Boot Control - [None]
Firmware - 234.2278.769

what version of windows 10 are you deploying and with what ADK ?. you can always pxe boot again to grab the logs from the computer while in winpe.

I am deploying Win10 1809, how can I find ADK version? How can I collect logs if the Surface is going to reboot loop?

PXE boot -> TS enter into WinPE -> Enter password -> Apply image -> Apply drivers -> Reboot loop -> Does not finish OS deployment.

• Note: The issue only appears in one of our customer site, but when we image the same device with same Windows 10 1809 it gets successfully imaged (with deployment complete screen)

Does it seem like some sort of driver issue or firmware mismatch? 

check your site server to see what adk is installed, as regards the boot loop, next time it get's to winpe, press f8 and browse C:\ for the smsts.log file(s)